Use this guide kick off your Marathon of Sport fundraising with a BANG!
Step 1: Log on to marathonofsport.com and complete the registration process if you have not already done so
Step 2: On the left hand side, click “Fundraising Tools” and “Donor Page”
Step 3: Customize your page by uploading a photo, setting a personal fundraising goal and customizing the message you will email to your networks! Then click “update”
Step 4: Share your fundraising link! Enter the email addresses of your friends, family and colleagues by entering one email per line. We’ve done the work for you and provided all the event details your donors would want so, all you have to do is click “Send”!
Step 5: Share your donor link on social media! Click “Fundraising Tools” and “My Donor Link” and then copy & paste!
Step 6: Print your pledge form by clicking “Download Pledge Form” on the top right hand corner of your screen. Keep this with you in your wallet, purse or car so you never miss an opportunity to collect a donation!
Here are some other fundraising ideas to help you and your teammates reach your goal!
– Lead the Charge: Show others how committed you are to motionball by being the first person to make a donation. From there, you can encourage others to match your contribution!
– Email your Fundraising Link with a Personal Note: You’d be surprised how quickly donations will come in if you take a few minutes to compose a short email to your friends, family and coworkers telling them about your participation at Marathon of Sport and what motionball is all about. Make sure you include the link to your personal fundraising page in the body of your email so it really is as simple as a click!
– Share your Goal: We all know that people have the tendency to lurk social media so, give them something worth reading! You’d be surprised how many people will want to help you reach your goal! Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media sites that you use.
– Ask your Work for Support: Does your company offer a matching program? Many organizations will match the donations that you raised, making your contribution to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation THAT much bigger!
– Dress Down at the Office: If you work in an office with a strict dress code, everyone will thank you when you propose that in exchange for a small donation of $2 – $5 to your Marathon of Sport team, your office can rock their jeans to work for a day!
– Change, Change, Change: You know all those coins you have lying around? Your purse, your car, your desk – collect it, roll it, donate it! You’d be surprised how quickly it can add up.
– Spring Garage Sale, anyone? You know you’ve been meaning to do a little clean sweep so, turn your junk into cash by hosting a garage sale! All proceeds go towards YOUR fundraising goal! Better yet – invite some of your teammates to join you and all proceeds go towards your TEAM goal!
– BE CREATIVE: motionballers know how to have a good time and we want you to put the FUN back into fundraising! Host your own pre- Marathon of Sport fundraising event such as a bake sale, BBQ or a TELUS favourite –a grilled cheese day!