With ongoing reports in the news of the coronavirus, COVID-19, we wanted to update you all on motionball’s position and share information with you that could be useful as you deal with the issue as it relates to the specific motionball event you are involved in. First and foremost, our concern and intent is to […]
Make your Spare Minutes Matter with motionball Toronto!
- Develop personally and professionally
- Make a difference in your community
- Meet other passionate young professionals
- Receive Social and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Engage with industry leaders in Toronto and enhance your personal brand by aligning with a meaningful cause
motionball Toronto's Young Professionals Network
motionball Toronto’s Young Professionals Network is a group of young leaders, philanthropists, and influencers who are committed to strengthening the support of the Special Olympics movement – creating inclusive communities and removing barriers for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The purpose of the network is to provide an opportunity for young professionals to develop their personal and professional networks while making a difference in new and innovative ways. In becoming a member of the motionball Toronto Young Professionals network, you’ll have the power to make a meaningful difference by contributing to the success of motionball Toronto’s signature events.
- Invitations to annual motionball Toronto Panel & Networking Event and other exclusive motionball Toronto Network events
- Early access to motionball Gala ticket sales, personal ticket promo code, and benefits + recognition for outstanding contributions
- Exclusive Gala ticket discount for your friends and family (promo code)
- Social and Professional Growth Opportunities & Workshops with industry leaders in Toronto
- Unique Volunteer Opportunities within the Special Olympics movement
- Recognition as a leader and young philanthropist on your social networks and on-site at motionball Toronto events
- Enhance your personal brand and make your spare minutes matter by connecting with a worthy cause
There is no registration fee to become a member, however we ask all members to commit to the following –
- Be an ambassador of motionball, the Special Olympics movement, and the #NoGoodWay Campaign
- Promote motionball Toronto’s signature events within your personal and professional networks (Gala and Marathon of Sport)
- Engage with motionball National Office’s communications year-round, including updates and opportunities to support
- Attend a minimum of 3 in-person meetings, exclusive events, and workshops
- Commit to fundraising, developing new revenue or recruiting new supporters for motionball Toronto signature events
To sign up for the motionball Toronto Young Professionals Network, please click here. Sign-up period will be open until October 2019, and the first event for the Young Professionals Network will take place in mid-late October.
Young Professional Network executive committee
2019 Applications are now closed!
We are seeking a select group of young professionals to be the founding members of the motionball Toronto Young Professionals Executive Committee. On the executive committee, you will be taking on a leadership role in the advancement of the network and motionball Toronto events. The focus of this committee is to increase growth opportunities for motionball Toronto and to develop innovative ways to engage members of the network.
Together, the executive committee will work to increase motionball Toronto’s relevance & revenue:
- Planning and leading motionball Young Professional Network events
- Introducing new supporters & influencers to motionball’s signature events
- Ensuring the sustainability of the motionball Toronto Young Professional Network
- Support members of the network in their efforts to source Corporate Sponsorship
- Initial call with motionball National Office
- Executive Committee Launch Meeting – September 2019
- Attendance at all motionball Toronto Young Professional network events, motionball signature events, in-person meetings, and workshops (6-8 times per year)
To apply for a position on the motionball Toronto Young Professional Network Executive Committee, please click here. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until September 13th, and all applicants will be contacted by the motionball staff.
Meet your 2019 Executive Committee
motionball: Coming Soon to a campus near you! ABOUT motionball for Special Olympics is a national non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics so that individuals with intellectual disabilities can lead happier, healthier lives. We believe that the next generation of Canadians, today’s […]
Let’s bring motionball to your community! motionball for Special Olympics was founded in Toronto, Ontario in 2002 to “put the fun back into giving”, established to introduce young leaders to charitable giving in new and engaging ways. motionball has had a significant impact on the Special Olympics community, donating $11 million to Special Olympics Canada […]
Join a motionball Chapter in your city! motionball is always seeking passionate young leaders to join the local motionball chapters, bringing Marathon of Sport and Gala events to life so that we can continue to engage more Canadians in the Special Olympics movement. By joining a local motionball Committee, you will: Meet and work alongside […]
motionball Hamilton needs your help! We’re looking for passionate young professionals to join the 2019 motionball Marathon of Sport Hamilton Organizing Committee! Opportunities Include: Team Relations Coordinator: Responsible for recruiting standard and corporate teams to participate at Marathon of Sport. Team Relations Coordinator will also be responsible for team relations and communicating event details and […]
motionball Saskatoon needs your help! We’re looking for passionate young professionals to join the 2019 motionball Marathon of Sport Saskatoon Organizing Committee! Opportunities Include: Director of Sponsorship: Do you love engaging with corporations? The focus of this role will be to recruit local organizations that are looking to give back to the community. These companies will have opportunities that include, but are not limited to: Title Sponsor, Sport Station Sponsor and After Party Sponsor. Director of Teams: If you’re a centre […]
Use this 11 step guide to kick off your Marathon of Sport fundraising with a BANG! 1. Customize your Online Fundraising Page When you receive the link to your online Fundraising page from your Team Captain, take a second to customize it. Add a photo, set your fundraising goal and include a few words about […]
The exclusive Silent Auction at the motionball Gala is LIVE now at www.motionballauction.com
Kin Games Cause Challenge Handbook 2019