Let’s bring motionball to your community!
motionball for Special Olympics was founded in Toronto, Ontario in 2002 to “put the fun back into giving”, established to introduce young leaders to charitable giving in new and engaging ways.
motionball has had a significant impact on the Special Olympics community, donating $11 million to Special Olympics Canada Foundation since inception. Today, motionball events take place in 20 cities across Canada, providing the next generation of leaders with opportunities to make a big impact in their communities and across the country.
motionball’s flagship event, Marathon of Sport, is planned and executed by local volunteer committees who work year-round to recruit participants, sponsors, and supporters. Volunteer Committees are supported and mentored by staff members from motionball’s National Office to ensure that the Marathon of Sport event is a hit in each and every community!
Each local motionball Committee is led by 2 Event Directors, volunteers who want to take on a leadership role in bringing motionball to their community.
By leading a motionball Chapter in your community you will:
- Establish a committee of 8 – 12 young professionals who will form the motionball Committee
- Gain unparalleled leadership, entrepreneurial, sales, and event management skills
- Meet and work alongside other young people are who are working to make a difference in the community
- Bring a new event to your city or town, creating an opportunity for more people to engage with a worthwhile cause
- Provide the opportunity for local businesses to get involved with the Marathon of Sport event
- Contribute to the growth and sustainability of motionball events locally, and the Special Olympics movement nationally
- Attend the motionball Annual General Meeting to share ideas and inspiration with other motionball leaders from across Canada
- Receive recognition as a leader and young philanthropist on your social networks and on-site at motionball events
- Enhance your personal brand and make your spare minutes matter by leading a worthy local cause
To help us establish a motionball event in your community, email email@example.com to connect with the motionball team.