Marathon of Sport

On October 3, 2015 in Western University

We Did Something Special On the Playing Field!

The inaugural motionball Marathon of Sport Western welcomed 15 Teams of students to the field on Saturday October 3rd in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a fun day of athletic competition that saw motionball supporters compete alongside local Special Olympics Ontario-London athletes in a variety of sports & activities including bocce, bench ball, soccer baseball, flag football, soccer and ultimate!

The playing field wasn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $200 through pledges. Thanks to their incredible fundraising efforts we raised $6,500 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Click here to see the photos from the big day!


To pre-register your Team for the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Western, please email Julie at

To learn how your organization can get further involved at the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Western please contact Marsha at or (416)444-6444.

motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Ontario. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 15 annual Marathon of Sport events in 15 cities across Canada, with over 380 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $5M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

  • Breakfast Sponsor

  • Sport Station Sponsor

  • In-Kind Sponsor

Other Past Events in Western University

Our National Sponsors