Marathon of Sport

On June 4, 2016 in Vancouver

We Did Something Special on the Playing Field!

The 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Vancouver was our largest Vancouver fundraiser to date with 22 Teams of young professionals raising a record-breaking $82,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a fun day of athletic competition as they teamed up alongside local Special Olympics athletes and competed in a variety of sports & activities including beach volleyball, european handball, ultimate, bocce, soccer, Special Olympics Functional Testing, BUMP, benchball and an obstacle course.

Stay tuned for the photos!


To pre-register a Team for the 2017 motionball Marathon of Sport Vancouver, please email Marsha at

Inside Marathon of Sport:
The playing field isn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $2,500 ($250 per person) through pledges. Thanks to their incredible support, we set a motionball Vancouver fundraising record!

Included in the Team registration, each participant received:
an Under Armour t-shirt, motionball hat, water, Pita Pit lunch, ticket to the Marathon of Sport after-party, fundraising incentives, and most importantly, a chance to play with the proud Special Olympics British Columbia athletes who motionball supports!

Schedule of the day:
8:00am – Registration
8:30am – Opening Ceremonies
9:00am – Marathon of Sport begins
12:00pm- Lunch break
3:30pm – Closing Ceremonies

Sponsorship Opportunities
For your company, this event is about team engagement, community building and meeting the cause on the ground. It’s also an incredibly rewarding day of fun. To learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2017 motionball Marathon of Sport Vancouver, please email Marsha at

motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics British Columbia. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 12 annual Marathon of Sport events in 12 cities across Canada, with over 500 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $6M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

  • Raffle Sponsor

Other Past Events in Vancouver