Marathon of Sport

On May 30, 2015 in Calgary

We Did Something Special on the Playing Field!

The 2015 motionball Marathon of Sport Calgary welcomed 27 Teams of young professionals to Webber Academy on Saturday May 30th in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a fun day of athletic competition that saw motionball supporters compete alongside local Special Olympics Alberta athletes in a variety of sports & activities including basketball, soccer baseball, flag football, bench ball and floor hockey.

The playing field wasn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $1800 ($180 per person) through pledges. Thanks to their incredible fundraising efforts we raised $100,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Check out the photos from the 2015 motionball Marathon of Sport Calgary by clicking here.

shadow

To pre-register your Team for the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Calgary, please email Cassie at cassie@motionball.com.

To learn how your organization can get further involved at the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Calgary please contact Marsha at marsha@motionball.com or (416)444-6444.

motionball is proud to have donated 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Alberta. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% was directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 15 annual Marathon of Sport events in 15 cities across Canada, with over 380 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $5M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

  • Breakfast Sponsor

Other Past Events in Calgary

Our National Sponsors