What is Marathon of Sport? It’s a fun-filled day of athletic competition where participants team up with local Special Olympics New Brunswick athletes and together, they will compete in a variety of sports & activities including soccer, basketball, benchball and so much more!
Included in the Team registration, each participant will receive: an Under Armour t-shirt, motionball hat, Pita Pit lunch, refreshments, a ticket to the Marathon of Sport after-party, fundraising incentives, and most importantly, a chance to play with the proud Special Olympics New Brunswick athletes who motionball supports!
Inside Marathon of Sport:
The playing field isn’t the only place where athletes will compete! Each team of 10 participants will fundraise through pledges to reach their team goal, all in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!
Official 2019 Schedule:
- 9:00AM – Team Captain Arrival – All Captains must check in and be onsite by this time!
- 9:15AM – Participant Arrival – All participants must be onsite by this time!
- 9:30AM – Opening Ceremonies
- 11:40AM – Lunch provided by Pita Pit
- 2:15PM – Closing Ceremonies
- 7:00PM – After Party at Rocky’s Sports Bar
How to Build your Team for 2019:
– Find a Team Captain who will act as the lead on behalf of your team
– Determine whether you will register as a Corporate or Standard team
– Recruit 7-10 co-ed participants
– Each participant is required to pay the $50 registration fee
– Collectively fundraise to reach your $1000 Team goal before the event
– Have FUN and know you are supporting amazing Special Olympics athletes in your local community!
Registration is now closed for 2019!
To pre-register your Team for the 2020 motionball Marathon of Sport Saint John, click here to connect with the motionball Saint John team.
For your company, this event is about team engagement, community building and meeting the cause on the ground. It’s also an incredibly rewarding day of fun. Click here to connect with David and learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2020 motionball Marathon of Sport Saint John.
motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics New Brunswick. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. 25% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long-term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth. The remaining 5% will help grow the #NoGoodWay Campaign aiming to end the use of the R-word (retard) in everyday conversation. We’re encouraging Canadians to make the choice to eliminate the R-word from their vocabulary and empower them to take #NoGoodWay to their circles of influence.
motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 40+ annual events in 19 cities across Canada. motionball is proud to have donated $10.85M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.
Presented Locally By
Sport Station Sponsor
After Party Host & Corporate Team