What is Marathon of Sport? It’s a fun-filled day of athletic competition where participants teamed up with local Special Olympics Ontario athletes and together, they competed in a variety of sports & activities including soccer, football, ultimate, basketball, benchball, beach volleyball and so much more!
Included in the Team registration, each participant received: an Under Armour t-shirt, motionball hat, Pita Pit lunch, Powerade, a ticket to the Marathon of Sport after-party, fundraising incentives, and most importantly, a chance to play with the proud Special Olympics Ontario athletes who motionball supports!
Inside Marathon of Sport:
The playing field isn’t the only place where athletes will compete! Each team of 10 participants will fundraise through pledges to reach their team goal, all in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!
Official 2019 Schedule:
- 8:30-8:45AM – Arrival and Team Captain’s check-in
- 9:15AM – ALL participants must be on-site!
- 9:30AM – Athlete Entrance and Opening Ceremonies
- 10:00AM – SPORTS, SPORTS, AND MORE SPORTS!
- 12:30PM – Lunch Sponsored by Pita Pit
- 1:20PM – EVEN MORE SPORTS!
- 3:00PM – Closing Ceremonies (Winners Announced)
- 3:15PM – After-Party (on-site)
Making your Team for 2020:
– Find a Team Captain who will act as the lead on behalf of your team
– Determine whether you will register as a Corporate or Standard team
– Recruit 7-10 co-ed participants
– Each participant is required to pay the $50 registration fee. Once you raise $200 (standard teams only), you have the option to have this refunded OR donate it back to a great cause!
– Collectively fundraise to reach your team goal before the event
– Have FUN and know you are supporting amazing Special Olympics athletes in your local community!
For your company, this event is about team engagement, community building and meeting the cause on the ground. It’s also an incredibly rewarding day of fun. Click here to connect with Kristy and learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2020 motionball Marathon of Sport Montreal.
motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Quebec. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. 25% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long-term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth. The remaining 5% will help grow the #NoGoodWay Campaign aiming to end the use of the R-word (retard) in everyday conversation. We’re encouraging Canadians to make the choice to eliminate the R-word from their vocabulary and empower them to take #NoGoodWay to their circles of influence.
motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 40+ annual events in 19 cities across Canada. motionball is proud to have donated $10.85M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.
Sport Station Sponsor
Sport Station Sponsor