REGISTRATION: Registration is $25. All participants will receive an Under Armour T-Shirt, Pita Pit lunch, and a Powerade! To register as a Team Captain, click here to email us now! If you want to play on a team as a Free Agent, click here to send us an email and we will put you on […]
REGISTRATION: Registration is $20 but if you fundraise $50, you get your $20 back! All participants will receive an Under Armour T-Shirt, Pita Pit lunch, and a Powerade! To register as a Team Captain, click here to email us now! If you want to play on a team as a Free Agent, click here to send […]
JOIN THE MOTIONBALL TEAM!
INTERN, EVENTS & SPONSORSHIP
motionball is a national non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics Canada Foundation through integrated social and sporting events.We believe that the next generation of Canadians, today’s students and young professionals, are the future of the Special Olympics movement – with the power to make a meaningful difference for generations to come.
motionball is led by a small team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to building better communities for Canadians with intellectual disabilities through sport. We are looking to add to our team and provide a unique Internship experience with valuable learning opportunities. We wear multiple hats and offer a very supportive, team-oriented work space.
Our office environment is casual and we offer flexible working hours!
We are seeking a driven and energetic self-starter for our current opening – Intern, Events & Sponsorship reporting to motionball’s National Manager, Special Events. This position will mainly be responsible for providing support to the motionball team as together we execute some of Canada’s top events for philanthropic young professionals.
This position requires the candidate to be completely available from February 5th– 8th to assist in the execution of the motionball Toronto Gala. Lieu hours will be granted to account for overtime.
By the end of this internship, the successful candidate will have:
- Developed the teamwork and leadership skills necessary to work in a small team to plan and execute large-scale events including the motionball Toronto Gala on February 7th.
- Developed social media & communications skills by posting content on motionball’s national and regional social media accounts, adhering to brand guidelines
- Learned and applied marketing and sponsorship skills, working with the motionball team to source new partners who are interested in sponsoring a non-profit organization in the sport/event space
- Acted as the main point of contact for small groups of event volunteers, demonstrating strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Managed online donation portals for motionball events, learning how to process payments online, creating charitable tax receipts, and managing the backend system of a national nonprofit organization
- Worked on projects for various vendors and partners including Under Armour, Molson, LoyaltyOne, Campari, and Pita Pit
- Developed a marketing plan to attract Canadian student leaders to our motionball University program
- Supported on-site at 2-3 motionball University Marathon of Sport events (requires availability outside regular working hours) and supported remotely with 25+ motionball University events
- Assisted with all motionball Third-Party events and fundraisers as required
- Led and improved many administrative processes at motionball’s National Office related to shipping, tracking, budgeting, and communication with stakeholders via phone and email
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a related University or College program, requiring an internship, placement, co-op, or fieldwork experience
- Previous involvement with motionball will be considered a strong asset
- Experience working at events or in the sport & non profit industries is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and small team environment
- Keen analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to take initiative
- Ability to multi-task, work in a high-pressure environment and meet required deadlines
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking
- Work outside of typical office hours (as needed per event), specifically with open availability February 5th– 8th.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 24-30hrs/week, and an honorarium between $1000 – $2000 will be provided at the end of the completed term.
Additionally, a monthly stipend of $100 will be provided to assist with the cost of public transportation.
Start Date: Monday January 6th 2020
End Date: Friday April 17th 2020
Thank you for your interest in completing an Internship with motionball! Please send your cover letter and resume to Emma Lambert, Manager of Special Events at email@example.com by Friday October 18that 11:59pm."Completing my internship at motionball was an incredible experience, I learned so much in such a short period of time. Coming into my internship at motionball my goals were to learn more about sponsorship, social media and to improve my onsite event experience and I got a chance to grow my skills in all of these areas! The motionball staff were such amazing mentors and leaders, they have given me so much confidence in myself and my abilities to succeed in the sport and event industry."
Ion Nicolae: IronMan, Entrepreneur, motionball Supporter
On December 8th, Ion Nicolae is taking part in his 4th IRONMAN Triathlon Race, and this time he’s racing for a cause! As he works towards this incredible feat, Ion is demonstrating his commitment to raise funds and awareness for the Special Olympics athletes who motionball supports. Play your part and show your support of Ion’s efforts by making a donation below!
Led by emerging leaders, young professionals, and Canadian students, motionball is a national non-profit organization that provides funding to Special Olympics initiatives so that individuals with intellectual disabilities can live happier, healthier lives.
By supporting motionball, your contribution will be used to fund sustainable, innovative Special Olympics programs in strategic and impactful ways. Together, we can help individuals with intellectual disabilities across Canada realize their goals, dreams, and potentials.
ABOUT ION NICOLAE
Winston Churchill once said: “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
I was born in Bucharest, Romania (30.03.1977) into a highly artistic and creative family: my father, a reporter and novelist; my mother, a writer and internationally awarded film director. From a young age, I’ve developed an eclectic taste in the arts, spending time on my mother’s movie sets or learning from my father on how to express myself from reading and writing. Yet, sports have always been part of my life, playing and competing in tennis or swimming during the summers as well as skiing during the winter time.
In June 1990, everything was turned upside down: suddenly, I was confronted with a new way of life. After a brutal political manifestation in Bucharest, my mother decided to seek political asylum in Montréal, while my father decided to stay behind. Besides being separated from them for two years, without knowing if or when I will see either again, life presented me with a set of different values. So at the age of 13 it became my own responsibility to find my way in this world.
There are many stories about dramatic life-changing events and this is not about that. At the age of 22, in Canada, I pursued a path of an entrepreneur and opened my first business which allowed my creative side to be expressed through unique business concepts. My innovative approach for “350 Fahrenheit” restaurant allowed me to be featured in The Globe and Mail, National Post, Toronto Star, to name a few and the outstanding tattoo studio concept “Black Line Studio” became one of the final 4 finalists for the ARC Awards, recognizing the best concepts in Canada. At the age of 32, I’ve finally decided to pursue my passion in film and after an intensive film directing program in LA, I’ve shot my directorial debut, The Wrong Turn. The film was finished in September 2010 and has gotten Awards of Merit and Honourable Mentions at various film festivals.
As an artist and entrepreneur, I draw my energy and creativity from life experience. As I move in the direction of my own dreams, I want to inspire, through my successes and failures, anyone who seeks their own prosperity in life. Therefore for my 4th 70.3 IronMan triathlon race, which will take place in California on December 8th, I’ve decided to team up with motionball the non-profit organization and raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics so that individuals with intellectual disabilities can lead happier, healthier lives and their own success to stand as a testimonial that even what seems impossible, is all possible.
All donations over $20 receive a charitable tax receipt. Thank you for your generosity!
EVENT INFORMATION: Marathon of Sport presented by RBC is a day of recreational sport competition where UBCO students team up with local Special Olympics athletes to raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics Canada Foundation REGISTRATION: Registration is $20 – all participants will receive an Under Armour T-Shirt, Pita Pit lunch, and a Powerade! To […]
EVENT INFORMATION: Marathon of Sport is a day of recreational sport competition where University of Guelph students team up with local Special Olympics athletes to raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics Canada Foundation REGISTRATION: Registration is $20 – all participants will receive an Under Armour T-Shirt, Pita Pit lunch, a Powerade, and a drink […]
Make your Spare Minutes Matter with motionball Toronto!
- Develop personally and professionally
- Make a difference in your community
- Meet other passionate young professionals
- Receive Social and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Engage with industry leaders in Toronto and enhance your personal brand by aligning with a meaningful cause
motionball Toronto's Young Professionals Network
motionball Toronto’s Young Professionals Network is a group of young leaders, philanthropists, and influencers who are committed to strengthening the support of the Special Olympics movement – creating inclusive communities and removing barriers for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The purpose of the network is to provide an opportunity for young professionals to develop their personal and professional networks while making a difference in new and innovative ways. In becoming a member of the motionball Toronto Young Professionals network, you’ll have the power to make a meaningful difference by contributing to the success of motionball Toronto’s signature events.
- Invitations to annual motionball Toronto Panel & Networking Event and other exclusive motionball Toronto Network events
- Early access to motionball Gala ticket sales, personal ticket promo code, and benefits + recognition for outstanding contributions
- Exclusive Gala ticket discount for your friends and family (promo code)
- Social and Professional Growth Opportunities & Workshops with industry leaders in Toronto
- Unique Volunteer Opportunities within the Special Olympics movement
- Recognition as a leader and young philanthropist on your social networks and on-site at motionball Toronto events
- Enhance your personal brand and make your spare minutes matter by connecting with a worthy cause
There is no registration fee to become a member, however we ask all members to commit to the following –
- Be an ambassador of motionball, the Special Olympics movement, and the #NoGoodWay Campaign
- Promote motionball Toronto’s signature events within your personal and professional networks (Gala and Marathon of Sport)
- Engage with motionball National Office’s communications year-round, including updates and opportunities to support
- Attend a minimum of 3 in-person meetings, exclusive events, and workshops
- Commit to fundraising, developing new revenue or recruiting new supporters for motionball Toronto signature events
To sign up for the motionball Toronto Young Professionals Network, please click here. Sign-up period will be open until October 2019, and the first event for the Young Professionals Network will take place in mid-late October.
Young Professional Network executive committee
2019 Applications are now closed!
We are seeking a select group of young professionals to be the founding members of the motionball Toronto Young Professionals Executive Committee. On the executive committee, you will be taking on a leadership role in the advancement of the network and motionball Toronto events. The focus of this committee is to increase growth opportunities for motionball Toronto and to develop innovative ways to engage members of the network.
Together, the executive committee will work to increase motionball Toronto’s relevance & revenue:
- Planning and leading motionball Young Professional Network events
- Introducing new supporters & influencers to motionball’s signature events
- Ensuring the sustainability of the motionball Toronto Young Professional Network
- Support members of the network in their efforts to source Corporate Sponsorship
- Initial call with motionball National Office
- Executive Committee Launch Meeting – September 2019
- Attendance at all motionball Toronto Young Professional network events, motionball signature events, in-person meetings, and workshops (6-8 times per year)
To apply for a position on the motionball Toronto Young Professional Network Executive Committee, please click here. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until September 13th, and all applicants will be contacted by the motionball staff.
Meet your 2019 Executive Committee
motionball: Coming Soon to a campus near you! ABOUT motionball for Special Olympics is a national non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics so that individuals with intellectual disabilities can lead happier, healthier lives. We believe that the next generation of Canadians, today’s […]
Let’s bring motionball to your community! motionball for Special Olympics was founded in Toronto, Ontario in 2002 to “put the fun back into giving”, established to introduce young leaders to charitable giving in new and engaging ways. motionball has had a significant impact on the Special Olympics community, donating $11 million to Special Olympics Canada […]