JOIN THE MOTIONBALL TEAM!
INTERN, EVENTS & SPONSORSHIP
motionball is a national non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics Canada Foundation through integrated social and sporting events.We believe that the next generation of Canadians, today’s students and young professionals, are the future of the Special Olympics movement – with the power to make a meaningful difference for generations to come.
motionball is led by a small team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to building better communities for Canadians with intellectual disabilities through sport. We are looking to add to our team and provide a unique Internship experience with valuable learning opportunities. We wear multiple hats and offer a very supportive, team-oriented work space.
Our office environment is casual and we offer flexible working hours!
We are seeking a driven and energetic self-starter for our current opening – Intern, Events & Sponsorship reporting to motionball’s National Manager, Special Events. This position will mainly be responsible for providing support to the motionball team as together we execute some of Canada’s top events for philanthropic young professionals.
This position requires the candidate to be completely available from February 5th– 8th to assist in the execution of the motionball Toronto Gala. Lieu hours will be granted to account for overtime.
By the end of this internship, the successful candidate will have:
- Developed the teamwork and leadership skills necessary to work in a small team to plan and execute large-scale events including the motionball Toronto Gala on February 7th.
- Developed social media & communications skills by posting content on motionball’s national and regional social media accounts, adhering to brand guidelines
- Learned and applied marketing and sponsorship skills, working with the motionball team to source new partners who are interested in sponsoring a non-profit organization in the sport/event space
- Acted as the main point of contact for small groups of event volunteers, demonstrating strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Managed online donation portals for motionball events, learning how to process payments online, creating charitable tax receipts, and managing the backend system of a national nonprofit organization
- Worked on projects for various vendors and partners including Under Armour, Molson, LoyaltyOne, Campari, and Pita Pit
- Developed a marketing plan to attract Canadian student leaders to our motionball University program
- Supported on-site at 2-3 motionball University Marathon of Sport events (requires availability outside regular working hours) and supported remotely with 25+ motionball University events
- Assisted with all motionball Third-Party events and fundraisers as required
- Led and improved many administrative processes at motionball’s National Office related to shipping, tracking, budgeting, and communication with stakeholders via phone and email
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a related University or College program, requiring an internship, placement, co-op, or fieldwork experience
- Previous involvement with motionball will be considered a strong asset
- Experience working at events or in the sport & non profit industries is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and small team environment
- Keen analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to take initiative
- Ability to multi-task, work in a high-pressure environment and meet required deadlines
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking
- Work outside of typical office hours (as needed per event), specifically with open availability February 5th– 8th.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 24-30hrs/week, and an honorarium between $1000 – $2000 will be provided at the end of the completed term.
Additionally, a monthly stipend of $100 will be provided to assist with the cost of public transportation.
Start Date: Monday January 6th 2020
End Date: Friday April 17th 2020
Thank you for your interest in completing an Internship with motionball! Please send your cover letter and resume to Emma Lambert, Manager of Special Events at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 18that 11:59pm.