Marathon of Sport

On September 20, 2015 in Winnipeg

We Did Something Special on the Playing Field!

The 2015 motionball Marathon of Sport Winnipeg welcomed 41 Teams of young professionals to Westwood Collegiate on Sunday September 23rd for a fun-filled day of sport in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a day of athletic competition that saw motionball supporters compete alongside local Special Olympics Manitoba athletes in a variety of sports & activities including soccer, ultimate frisbee, bocce, basketball, benchball, kickball, and football.

The playing field wasn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $1000 ($100 per person) through pledges. Thanks to their incredible fundraising efforts we raised over $85,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Click here to see the photos from the event.

shadow

To pre-register your Team for the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Winnipeg, please email Julie at julie@motionball.com.

There are many ways that your organization can get further involved with motionball!To learn more email Marsha at marsha@motionball.com.

motionball was proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Manitoba. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 15 annual Marathon of Sport events in 15 cities across Canada, with over 380 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $5M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

Next Events in Winnipeg

motionball's mandate is to introduce the next generation of donors, volunteers, and sponsors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events.

Other Past Events in Winnipeg

Our National Sponsors