Marathon of Sport

On August 22, 2015 in Saskatoon

We Did Something Special on the Playing Field!

The 2015 motionball Marathon of Sport Saskatoon welcomed 16 Teams of young professionals to University of Saskatchewan on Saturday August 22nd in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a fun day of athletic competition that saw motionball supporters compete alongside local Special Olympics Saskatchewan athletes in a variety of sports & activities including basketball, soccer, flag football, bench ball and floor hockey.

The playing field wasn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $1000 ($100 per person) through pledges. Thanks to their incredible fundraising efforts we raised $39,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

shadow

To pre-register your Team for the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Saskatoon, please email Julie at julie@motionball.com.

To learn how your organization can get further involved at the 2016 motionball Marathon of Sport Saskatoon please contact Marsha at marsha@motionball.com or (416)444-6444.

motionball is proud to have donated 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Saskatchewan. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% was directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 11 annual Marathon of Sport events in 11 cities across Canada, with over 380 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $5M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

  • Raffle Sponsor

  • Lunch Sponsor

  • Water Sponsor

  • Tea Sponsor

  • In-Kind Sponsor

  • Raffle Sponsor

Next Events in Saskatoon

motionball's mandate is to introduce the next generation of donors, volunteers, and sponsors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events.

Other Past Events in Saskatoon

Our National Sponsors