Marathon of Sport

On August 27, 2016 in P.E.I

We Did Something Special on the Playing Field!

The 2nd annual motionball Marathon of Sport PEI welcomed 14 Teams of young professionals to UPEI where collectively they raised an incredible $23,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Participants enjoyed a fun day of athletic competition as they teamed up alongside local Special Olympics athletes and competed in a variety of sports & activities including benchball, bocce, soccer, ultimate, kickball, football and an obstacle course!

Learn more about this fun-filled day of sport, below.

Click here to see the photos!

shadow

Inside Marathon of Sport:
The playing field isn’t the only place where athletes competed. Each team of 10 participants raised a minimum of $1,000 through pledges. Thanks to their incredible support, we crushed our goal in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

Final Schedule
– 8:15am – Registration / Donation Drop-Off Opens
– 8:45am – Team Captains meet Special Olympics athletes
– 9:00am – Opening Ceremonies
– 11:45am – Lunch Sponsored by Pita Pit
– 2:30pm – Closing Ceremony
– 8:00pm – Official Marathon of Sport After Party at Captain Jack’s

Included in the Team registration, each participant received:
an Under Armour t-shirt, motionball hat, vitaminwater, Country Style Breakfast, Pita Pit lunch, ticket to the Marathon of Sport after-party, fundraising incentives, and most importantly, a chance to play with the Special Olympics PEI athletes who motionball proudly supports!

To pre-register a Team for the 2017 motionball Marathon of Sport PEI, please email info@motionball.com.

Sponsorship Opportunities
For your company, this event is about team engagement, community building and meeting the cause on the ground. It’s also an incredibly rewarding day of fun. To learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2017 motionball Marathon of Sport PEI, please email Cassie at cassie@motionball.com.

motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics Prince Edward Island. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth.

motionball’s mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events. motionball now hosts 12 annual Marathon of Sport events in 12 cities across Canada, with over 380 teams and 5,000 supporters. motionball is proud to have donated $5M to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation since our inception in 2002. To learn more about motionball, please click here.

  • Radio Partner

  • Sport Station Sponsor

  • Sport Station Sponsor

  • Sport Station Sponsor

Other Past Events in P.E.I

Our National Sponsors